How to make Sponge Cake
Try these recipes
Sponge Cake Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 large eggs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to make a Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm the milk in a pan
- Add 2 tsp of the butter together over medium-low heat.
- Beat the eggs, adding the sugar gradually over medium speed beater
- Mix in the warm milk mixture. Set aside
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a small mixing bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend until smooth in consistency.
- Repeat with the other half. Add the vanilla and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture over a buttered pan (pan-buttered and sprinkled with sugar evenly)
- Bake until cooked