Ham is best done during October and November in preparation for Christmas time!!!
Ham making: Pork
How to make ham
1. Inject (use 5 or 10 cc syringe) cold pumping solution through the ham artery and at several areas around the muscle. Make sure to inject the solution at all areas of the muscles too.
2. Place injected ham in a container and cover with sweet pickle solution. Refrigerate.
3. Overhaul ham on the 5th, 10th and 15th day by removing ham from the container stirring up the pickle solution several times, then repacking the ham....
4. Allow ham to cure for over a period of 40 days.
5. After the curing period, wash ham, drain overnight at room temperature.
6. Smoke continuously until ham achieved a mahogany color.
(to dry and obtain the smoked flavor... As an option, roast ham equally until the ham turn light brown... - the ham should not be dark and fully cooked. only the smoke should reach the ham and not the fire...)
7. Allow the ham to cool overnight before packaging.
8. Freeze until ready to use.
To make the ham Sweet....
Place ham in a pan, add the flavorings, pineapple juice and sugar. Drain
Spread brown sugar all over the ham and caramelize in an oven or turbo oven
or a hot blower.
Pour Honey syrup before eating if desired.